Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hello World!

I will be honest from the beginning of this blog.  I didn't know how I wanted to start this blog.  Considering that sometimes the first paragraph will set the tone of the rest of the article.  When thinking about how to start this web blog, I thought about how I would start an essay for school.  Most people begin an essay by defining the subject, such as; "Webster's Dictionary defines computer as...(blah, blah)". I will take inspiration from that as I begin my first technical blog.


"
Wikipedia defines Windows® XP as...(abridged version below)"


Windows® XP is an operating system produced by Microsoft® for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops, laptops and media centers. First released to computer manufacturers on August 24, 2001, it is the second most popular version of Windows®, based on installed user base.

On April 10, 2012, Microsoft® reaffirmed that
 extended support for Windows® XP and Office 2003 would end on April 8, 2014 and suggested that administrators begin preparing to migrate to a newer OS.


That wasn't so bad.  Anyway, for those of you that insist on holding onto your installation of Windows® XP, this blog is for you.  I know what you must be thinking.  "Bill Gates himself will have to take it from my cold, dead hands!"

I will try to make the blog interesting without too much effort, as I am sure that will be apparent at times.  No doubt, there will be a lot of boring stuff, but it will all be useful Windows® XP tips to help you maintain your precious Windows® XP installation.


Update - Some have noticed that I use the ®  symbol a lot when referring to Microsoft® products.  This is because it follows the guidelines that Microsoft® is asking people to follow when mentioning their products and/or company.

No comments:

Post a Comment